Whether in the morning or after a busy day at work, we all love a fresh smoothie. Smoothies are nutrients packed, healthy, and a great way to make sure you are taking enough vegetables and fruits for optimal growth, and immunity.
But why is it that only a few people or families have smoothies in their weekly or monthly meal plans?
The answer is quick and simple; it’s due to the inconvenience related with making a smoothie. I mean, if you have ever tried to prepare one, you know exactly how tricky it is to prepare a fresh tasting smoothie without the right equipment.
That said, if you want to add delicious and nutritious smoothies into your meal plan, you need to buy the best blender for smoothies. Please get it right, we said the “best” blender for making smoothies, not the most expensive blender. Luckily or seemingly so, there are lot of blenders in the market, and lots of quality smoothie blenders available at affordable prices.
“Seemingly so” because given the high number of blender options in the market, finding the best smoothie blender is a daunting task. Otherwise, if it was an easy one, why are there so many articles and guides trying to discuss and figure out the best blenders for making smoothie?
During our research and analysis, we came across 100s of blender options, both on the web and retail outlets. Combine that with the numerous reviews that each has, and claims from every manufacturer that their blender is the best in the market, and finding the best blender for smoothies will immediately seem daunting, if not impossible.
The good news, we will help you cut the chase by narrowing down your list to the top 5 blenders that give real value for money. Yes, we will eradicate all the stress and frustrations of analyzing all the available models, and give you a done for you list of the top 5 blenders for making smoothies.
We have included cons, pros, features, and sufficient information to help you decide whether the specific blender is worth buying or not.
So, how did we select the blenders to review in this list?
Basically, the smoothie blender that we have discussed in this article are the best in the market, based on customer rating and professional reviews. But before we announce the winners, let’s take a minute and discuss the features that make a great blender.
Features of the best blenders for smoothie
When shopping for a new blender for making smoothie, start by determining your needs. For instance, if you like veggies enhanced menus and you are a culinary professional, buy a blender with a variety of chopping options.
On the contrary, if you will be using your blender mainly to make liquid vegetables and fruits smoothies along with treats such as milk shakes, you should purchase a blender with awesome liquefy and puree capacity.
Also, besides considering the settings options, go for a bender with broad and stable base. The wide base (don’t worry, it a bit of physics but I will try to explain) lowers the center of gravity making it hard for the blender to topple even as it bends.
Blenders that come with holes in the lid are also advantageous. They allow addition of liquid, even as blending continuous. The hole also helps by releasing steam when pureeing soup.
In most cases, you will have to make a choice between stainless steel, glass and plastic containers. Plastic blenders are light, but they scratch with time. Glass is hard to scratch even as it ages, but it’s breakable, and heavier to lift to empty the smoothie. Stainless steel solves all these disadvantages of plastic and glass, but it suffers from a major demerit in that you can’t see what is going on during blending.
Also, consider the following factors:
- Blender capacity: When buying a blender, you should consider the number of users in your home and select a large enough unit. Smaller units are often cheaper, but they do not cater for everyone at once, meaning you will have to spend more time making several batches of smoothies. And yes, running the blender several times will easily see your power bill through the roof. It’s possible to find a blender that can prepare up to 7 cups at ago.
Also, find a blender that can be used for a variety of options such as mixing ingredients, chopping, grinding, pureeing, blending and more.
- Blender blades: Most blender come with removable blades, which facilitate easier and safe cleaning. Go for stainless steel blades to prevent rusting. Stainless steel is also more durable.
- Consider the power: A good blender should be able to chop even the tough ingredients such as vegetables, carrots, and potatoes. Most blender motors have wattage between 200 and 700.
- Blender parts: Most manufacturers are adding replacement parts to their appliances lines. With spare parts, you can increase the lifespan of your blender significantly. It’s also possible to find blenders with accessories.
- Your Budget: When it comes to budget, we normally advise our clients to prioritize the features they need over the cost of the item. However, sometime you have to make the compromise.
- Frequency of use: How often will be using your unit? Once a year when your parent come visiting? Once a month during your off day from work? Daily for a family of 5? Whichever the case, don’t be tempted to buy a cheap model. If you do, expect 2-4 months of stress-free use, and then the occasional breakdown will start.
- The color and finish of the smoothie blender: Blenders come in a vast range of colors. Go for ones that fit the overall décor of your home.
|VonShef 4 in 1 Multifunctional 1.5L Blender||$||3.9/5.0|
|Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2-Speed||$$$||4.6/5.0|
|Oster Pro 1200 Blender Plus 24 oz Smoothie Cup||$$||4.1/5.0|
|Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770)||$$||4.6/5.0|
|Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher Blender||$||4.1/5.0|
|Jamba Appliances Quiet Shield Blender||$$||4.7/5.0|
|Cuisinart CBT-1500 Hurricane 2.25 Peak hp Blender||$$||4.3/5.0|
|Smoothies Blender Funkoo Commercial Blender||$$$||3.7/5.0|
|Blender HANMEIUS Multi Speed Electric Commercial Power Blender||$$$||3.7/5.0|
|HEALTHY KICKSTARTER Blend & Go||$||4.3/5.0|
VonShef 4 in 1
VonShef 4 in 1 is the multi-functional blender every culinary expert should have in his or her kitchen. It combines a grinder, smoothie maker, juicer and blender in one unit. It features powerful stainless steel blades, an extra pulse function, and a powerful speed, making it the perfect blender for anyone looking for impressive results and perfect consistency in his or her smoothie.
- It pulls together a grinder, smoothie maker, juicer and blender in a single unit, making it the multifunctional kitchen equipment.
- It is ideal for mixing, chopping, grinding or blending a vast range of ingredients including sauces, dressings, batters, marinades, soups, smoothies, vegetable juices, cocktails, milkshakes and more.
- It comes with a 1.5 liters smoothie or blending jug, 2 beakers with lids, centrifugal juicing filter, food pusher, stainless steel blade, and stainless steel cross blade.
- It comes with pulse function for extra power whenever you need it in your kitchen.
- Auto shut off function to prevent overheating.
- Amazing power of 220W.
- This smoothie blender comes with a 1.5L jug that can make up to 1L of smoothie at ago. It purees and blends to perfection.
- Ideal for daily use, this blender works to make perfect homemade sauces, dressings, marinades, desserts, batters, and a lot more.
- Having problems taking the recommended daily intake of veggies and fruits? Buy VonShef 4-in-1 and try its centrifugal juicing filter. It is the fastest, most economical, easiest way to make fresh juices that are not only delicious, but also nutritious and healthier.
- Make homemade smoothies, refreshing iced teas, nutritious milkshakes, and mouthwatering cocktails within seconds.
- With VonShef 4 in 1 blender, you won’t have to purchase separate units for grinding, nuts, herbs, spices and more.
No one has come up with a solid disadvantage of this unit, but during our research, we did come across a consumer who says that overall blending quality could be better. However, the client did not elaborate his or her point, and based on our opinion, this review is best ignored.
This is the ultimate blender that brings 4 kitchen appliances in one unit together. Given its price tag, we can’t help but say it’s a big win. You will be gland you bought it.
Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2-Speed
If you ask your friends about the best blenders for making smoothies, about 70% will talk about Vitamix. This company has been synonymous to manufacturing commercial quality blenders for use in homes.
Their blenders last for decades, but they are pricey too. Even their refurbished models still go for about $300. Their Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2-Speed is true to their traditional value of manufacturing quality blenders for use in homes.
Vitamix 1782 comes with a powerful motor, hardened stainless steel blades, intuitive high or low controls, and TurboBlend 2 speed to efficiently and effectively process whole vegetables and fruits with unmatched consistency.
It comes with a recipes booklet for TurboBlend 2 speed, making it easy for you to incorporate more fruits, veggies and natural ingredients into your diet. Also, inside the vitamix 1782 box you will find a Tamper specially made to help you process thick ingredients such as frozen desserts and peanut butter. The tamper fits well into the 64-ounce container with tapered design and special collar to keep it from hitting the blades.
Vitamix designed and built Vitamix 1782 for out of the box performance, and unrivalled durability. The moment you purchase this blender, you will add to your kitchen:
- Commercial quality, powerful, 2 peak HP motor that propels the stainless steel blades up to 240 mph to chop and blend even the toughest ingredients.
- The capacity to blend, grind, heat, cream, chop and more, with just one machine.
- An easy to use smoothie blender with extreme versatility.
- Easy and fast self-cleaning with warm water and a drop or two of dish soap; just run the blender on the high for about 25-35 seconds.
- A 5 year warranty (full).
- Ongoing community support and recipe ideas.
- A huge, 64ounce container.
- Locking lid design for superfast removal.
- This smoothie blender runs on 120 volts.
- A full color, 160 recipes cookbook.
- Make hot soups, nutrients packed smoothies, and frozen desserts in just one machine.
- It’s 64-ounce container is ideal even for family meals.
- It comes with spiral bound cookbook with lots of chef-approved recipes.
- Long warranty – 5 years.
- A powerful motor
- The tamper make it easy to make sorbets and nut butter.
- No pulse
- Lacks variable speeding settings
- Slightly more than 20 inches in height.
Of all the smoothie blenders in Vitamix Blender line, our experts agree that this is perhaps the cheapest option in their newer categories. It is not as strong as Vitamix 5200 but at a price about $80 lower, we feel that it is underappreciated because it is not marketed as well as it ought too. It’s always a big purchase.
Oster Pro 1200 Blender Plus
Given its performance and versatility, you can use Oster Pro 1200 plus to make almost anything that is fresh and delicious. Actually, although it’s in the home category, this powerful blender will impress even the most seasoned chef.
It starts at 1200w and it works to blend ingredients smoothly and to continuously create the awesome consistency you need. Its smart settings are programmed to blend perfect salsas, milkshakes, and smoothies in just a single touch to make sure you won’t have to guess what or how long to blend your ingredients.
- Smart settings technology coupled with 7 speed settings including 3 programmed settings.
- Dual direction blades technology for additional blending power to grind and chop with precision.
- 1200W and 900 watts for ice crushing.
- Pulse feature for extra precision and control
- Legendary all metal drive system for super-lasting durability.
- An extra capacity, 24 oz smoothie cup.
- Blend smoothies in one person size smoothie cups, slide the travel lid in place and go. There is little mess, and extra convenience for carrying smoothies with you on your way to work, gym or wherever.
- Smart Setting technology for smoothies, chopping, salsa, and milkshakes; it takes guesswork out of chopping or blending your beverages, foods, and treats.
- Extra-wide base that allows one to reach the base for efficient blending.
- A metallic drive system for optimal durability.
The instruction manual directs that you dismantle the blender for cleaning.
This is a powerful, versatile, and compact smoothie blender that is ideal for people looking for a medium size blender that won’t occupy too much space in the kitchen, but still strong enough to make other recipes such as frozen shakes, desserts, and salsa. It doesn’t disappoint.
Ninja Mega Kitchen System
With its extra-large 72 oz, XL 8 cup processor bowl, pitcher, and nutria Ninja cups, this commercial grade blending powerhouse comes packed with a 2 hp motor, meaning it’s the ideal cookware for handling a variety of task in the modern kitchen.
It chops and mixes ingredients within fractions of a minute, leaving you with enough time to focus on cooking, serving and eating. This kitchen blender gives commercial performance and power. It’s the perfect smoothie maker.
- 3 speeds and pulse function.
- A 1500w motor and 2 HP
- A large pitcher capacity (72 oz).
- Total crushing blade technology.
- 64 ouch food processor container.
- Dough blade and chopping blade as attachments
- 1 year warranty
- Dishwasher safe.
- BPA free.
- With its total crushing technology, Ninja mega crushing system produces unbeatable professional power with specially designed blades for pulverizing and crushing ice, vegetables, and whole fruits in seconds.
- With this smoothie blender, you will be able to crush ice in seconds, mix or blend your favorite ingredients into super delicious dips, smoothies, and sauces.
- With a super large enough 8 cup capacity, this processor handles all your dough making and chopping needs, not to mention it’s the ultimate smoothie maker.
- It’s perfect stainless steel blades allows you to chop evenly all the time.
- The included dough blades allow effortless mix of 2 lbs. of dough in just half a minute.
There are no negative reviews on this product.
Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher Blender
The Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher is easy to use and it comes with 7 basic functions of whip, chop, crumb, blend, puree, grate and liquefy. It will allow you to blend a fresh smoothie or creamy milkshake for the whole family to take in the morning or to take on the go. It’s fitted with a 700W motor and it comes with a 40 oz jar and 20 oz travel jar.
- Powerful ice crushing.
- 12 blending functions
- No ice chunks
- 700W motor
- Cord storage.
- 3-year warranty
- Patented mess-free lid
- Heat resistant glass jar.
- Very good in making smoothies, margaritas, and grinding coffee beans.
- The lid is easy to slid in position and to pull off.
- The cup comes in handy in measuring ingredients
- Easy to use controls
- It’s dishwasher safe
- The unit is relatively quiet
- Tomato sauce can leave stain on the jar.
- Blades are a bit tricky to assemble.
The one thing that really sets beach wave crusher form other smoothie blenders is the wave action feature. The technology eliminates the need to lift the blender up and shake before winning a consistent smoothie.
If you want to purchase a smoothie maker, buy any of the above models and buy form amazon. They offer the best prices, and door to door delivery.